I need help with the following questions:
1. An explosive charge imparts a velocity of 10,350 feet per second to a mortar shell as it exits the muzzle of the mortar. If the mortar is elevated at 80 degrees what are the horizontal and vertical velocities on the mortar shell?
2. The mortar shell was long, so you reduce the explosive charge such that imparts a velocity of 6,150 feet per second. Now what is the horizontal velocity of the mortar shell?
3. The mortar shell was short and you cannot change the explosive charge. You determine what a horizontal velocity of 1,592 feet per second will put the mortar shell. To what angle should the mortar be elevated?
4. There is a 6.25 ft by 24.6 ft rectangle. What is the diameter of a circle with the same area?
5. A cylinder has a diameter of 25 cm and a height of 35 cm. What is the diameter of a sphere with the same volume? You may use Excel or another software program to determine the following:
6. Find the standard deviation for the following class grades:
92, 90.5, 89.9, 96.4, 94, 96.2, 96, 88.5, 91.5, 87, 93, and 92.4.
What is the standard deviation if the series is the total population?
7. Find the standard deviation for the following class grades:
2.0, 0.5, 9.9, 6.4, 6.2, 8.5, 1.5, and 2.4. What is the standard deviation if the series is the total population?
8. Find the slope, y-intercept, and correlation coefficient for the following points:
X 16.5 18.5 17 23.5 16 17.5 13.5 12 18.5
y 4.5 3.5 6 9 2.5 3.5 3 0.5 6
9. Can you place a 150 pound copper block on a 30 degree incline steel surface and not have it slide off?
10. A cart loaded with a weight of 2,500 pounds rests on a ramp with an incline of 21 degrees. Its center of gravity is 12 foot above grade.
What is the potential energy of the cart?